Friday, July 27, 2007

How to have fun!

In the past year or so, I've been taking ideas that I thought would be fun or cool, and doing them! I'm eliminating those excuses and "whatever reasons" and going after them. A couple of months back, I had this idea for a song. If you ever talked about a cheesy 70's adult movie you heard the song that goes "bom chickka wah wah". I looked hard for the original song, and aside for what the recent Axe commercials have brought forth I couldn't actually find it, so I thought I'd see if I could make this song myself! (btw, if you happen to know the original artist for the song, please let me know). I had no idea how I'd make a song, I never made one before, but I'd thought it'd be cool. So I thought about exactly what I wanted, how I wanted it to sound, the tempo, etc, and a thought came to me to call a friend that's in theatre. This was the turning point. In the past, at this point that I might say something like "Nah, what do I know about making songs??" and drop the whole thing, go back to my "normal" life as a techie. That's commonly known as the "terror barrier". Instead, I pushed through the terror barrier, made the call, and the next thing you know last night I’m in a recording studio, with an amazing band at my command, and I'm producing the song! It went absolutely perfect, and it was a TOTAL blast. I decided I was going to go all out for the recording session, so I went and I bought 70's outfits, frilly vests, Afros, star sun glasses, the whole nine yards! (see the picture above with me and the band). I even set up a whole bar spread (with the good stuff) to really kick it up a notch. Every one there loved it, we had a blast while making fun music, it was magical! At the end of it all, I now have something to walk away with. I've got the bow chikka wow wow song, and when you hear it, you’re going to love it! We're going into post-production now and it will be coming out soon. You will see it on iTunes and various places, and you can get the current rough cut on our myspace site or on the official home page right now! Btw, if you are a web designer or know one that would like to get on this project, please send me an e-mail!

So if you want to have fun in life, simply go after your passion, and whatever FEELS fun to you. It's the feeling that counts. When I did that for this song, I stepped out of my mainstream life and I stepped into my own world. It was my world, done my way, with people I WANTED to be around. How could that not be fun? If you aren't having fun in life, the reason for that is because you're not doing what you want to do. If you do what you're passionate about, it'll automatically be fun!!


Ajay Mirwani was awarded America's Brightest Speaking Star in 2007. He speaks to colleges about leadership and transitioning into the real world, as well businesses about internet marketing strategies and search optimization. To contact Ajay, visit http://www.ajayspeaks.com

2 comments:

Hajii Otto: MS degree in Health Education, Certified Hypnotherapist Trainer said...

Ajay: you are so right...feel free to do what you have passion for in your life. Don't get stuck in your comfort zones because then you go no where, you just get stuck in life. The picture looks great and it looks like you're having a fun time with your friends. Enjoy life daily! Congrats, Ajay! From the heart, The Chill Out Guru! Hajii Otto

Casey Wohl - The Getaway Girl said...

I loved your blog "How to have fun"! You are right...it is so important to have fun in life. Can't wait to read more!

Thanks for your post re: the Girls Getaway Guide to Orlando!